Do you want to get an extra iCloud plan for your device apart from 5 GB free space? Well, Apple provides tons of paid storage options with several features. Sometimes users need additional Space to store and sync their essential data to Cloud services, but they worry about what to choose and what’s the best for them?
Apple provides free storage and syncing service of renowned iCloud. Still, when the users are close to the free 5GB of storage limit or already run out of storage, they think about going for a reliable paid subscription to add extra space.
If you are also about to run out of storage and want to still continue with iCloud service, then this blog is definitely for you. It will help you choose the best iCloud Storage Plan.
About iCloud’s Storage Tiers
Apple offers four different paid subscription plans for the consumers using iCloud service. It is split-up between various sections as per the device they are using. It consists of iPads, iPhones, Macs and Windows PC.
iCloud Tiers are Categorized in these provided sections:
- 5 GB of Free Storage
- 50 GB of storage capacity at the rate of USD 0.99/month
- 200 GB of Storage space at the rate of USD 2.99/month
- 2 TB of Storage Space at the rate of USD 9.99/month
iCloud Features and Specifications
- It is used to store the app’s data
- iCloud services can be used to store several information related to mail, notes, calendar, images, videos etc.
- It has a built-in feature to store Apple Watch backups.
- Users can easily store and sync iCloud Music Library.
- iCloud storage can easily be used to sync documents and desktop contents across various devices even on macOS.
In case you desire to buy additional iCloud storage, then follow these guidelines written below:
Purchasing more iCloud Space
It’s all upon you to select the best iCloud plan for your device. Once you have decided to choose a plan as per the compatibility norms of your device be it, Mac, iPad or iPhone, follow these straightforward guidelines.
Purchasing Additional iCloud Storage on iPad and iPhone
- First of all, launch the Settings page on your iOS device.
- Hit the Apple ID icon situated at the uppermost section of your screen.
- Then, hit the iCloud tab.
- Tap the option “Manage Storage.”
- After that, click the “Change Storage Plan” tab.
- Press the “Available Plan” option to upgrade your storage section.
- Hit the Buy tab there.
- Type your iCloud account passcode there.
- Click the OK button.
Purchasing Additional iCloud Storage for Mac Device
- First of all, launch the app “System Preferences.”
- After that, choose the iCloud tab there.
- Now, hit the Manage option.
- Tap the option related to “Change Storage Plan.” Here you may be asked to type your Apple ID and secure passcode.
- Then, select your new iCloud plan.
- Hit the Done tab.
Downgrading Storage Plans on iPad and iPhone
In case you don’t want much iCloud storage, then you can easily downgrade your cloud storage space. To downgrade the iCloud storage space, follow these guidelines:
- First of all, launch the Settings page directly on your iPhone and iPad.
- Then, hit the Apple ID icon.
- After that, press the iCloud tab.
- Next, hit the Manage Storage option.
- Press the Change Storage Plan button.
- Click the tab “Downgrade Options.”
- Now, select the particular plan that you desire to degrade.
- Next, tap the “Done” option.
- After that, hit the Downgrade tab there.
Downgrading Storage Plans on Mac
- First and foremost, open the page of System Preferences.
- Then, hit the iCloud option there.
- Press the Manage tab.
- Hit the button “Change Storage Plan.” Here you will be asked to type your Apple ID and secure Passcode. Do the same and proceed.
- Then, tap on the “Downgrade Options” tab.
- Select your new plan.
- Finally, hit the “Done button there.”
iCloud is one of the most used and user-friendly storage, backup and syncing services. It can be used compatibly on various devices such as iPhone, iPad and Mac. It provides several paid subscriptions that a user can easily use. Its storage tiers are also popular and can be used across all the gadgets including Windows, and Mac computers.
Billy Sparks is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.